The Bank Reconciliation Posting Journal is an audit trail of all transactions posted during bank reconciliation.
It includes checks and deposits that cleared the bank, as well as entries that Bank Services created to account for clearing differences, exchange gains and losses, and bank errors. All transactions are shown in the bank's statement currency.
When to Print
Print this report after posting a reconciliation, and keep it as part of your audit trail.
Information Printed on This Report
The Bank Reconciliation Posting Journal includes the following information:
- A list of deposits, withdrawals, bank entries, and transaction for which the reconciliation status changed during posting.
- Deposit amounts that remain outstanding.
- Withdrawal amounts that remain outstanding.
- Deposit and withdrawal amounts written off during bank reconciliation posting.
- Deleted deposits appear as empty deposits with a Deleted status, and with zeroes across the other columns (if you cleared the Print Deposit Details option).
- If you selected the Print G/L Summary option, you see a summary, by posting sequence, of general ledger entries that were posted during reconciliation.