Installing Sage 300cloud Web Screens
Sage 300cloud web screens are installed with Sage 300cloud when you select the Web Screens option during installation.
Important! When using Sage 300cloud web screens over an external network or the internet, data must be protected with security measures such as Secure Socket Layer (SSL) or a Virtual Private Network (VPN). To determine appropriate security measures, consult with your information technology (IT) professional or Sage Business Partner.
The lists below provide a quick overview of additional steps required to install and start using Sage 300cloud web screens. For complete installation and setup instructions, see the Sage 300 Installation and Administration Guide.
Before installing Sage 300cloud:
- Verify that your system meets all hardware and software requirements listed in the Compatibility Guide.
- Install Microsoft Internet Information Services (IIS) if you have not already done so. (Sage 300 Installation and Administration Guide Chapter 5)
Note: If you encounter any issues when trying to use web screens after installing, see the Troubleshooting section in Chapter 5 for additional information about IIS settings.
- In Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, create a Portal database if you have not already done so. This database is used by Sage 300cloud web screens. (Sage 300 Installation and Administration Guide Chapter 3)
When you install Sage 300cloud:
- On the Select Features screen, select the Web Screens option.
- If web screens will be used in a language other than English, select the relevant language pack.
After installing Sage 300cloud:
- Configure the Portal database, which is used by Sage 300cloud web screens. (Sage 300 Installation and Administration Guide Chapter 5)
- Ensure that users have security authorization to access all modules and screens they need to use. (Sage 300 Installation and Administration Guide Chapter 6)
- Activate all modules for which you want to use Sage 300cloud web screens.
Note: Administrative Services, Common Services, and General Ledger must be activated before you can sign in to Sage 300 web screens.
When installation and setup are complete, you are ready to sign in and start using web screens.