Setting Up Sage 300
When you are ready to work with your own data, you need to complete certain tasks before you can use Sage 300 on a daily basis.
- Install the accounting applications you need.
- Create system, company, and portal databases using your database software.
- Use Database Setup to set up your system database and company database for Sage 300, and to configure the Sage 300 portal database.
- Start Sage 300, and then sign on to the new company you created.
- Activate Administrative Services, and then activate Common Services.
- Fill in the company profile.
- Activate your accounting applications.
- Add a user record for each person who will use the system, setting password options and choosing whether they will sign on using only their Sage 300 user ID or their Windows ID.
- For security reasons, change the system administrator's password.
- If you want to limit user access to company data, define security groups and assign users to these groups.
- Hide fields for users who will not need those fields while performing their day-to-day tasks.
- Select your standard printer and printing options.
- If you use multicurrency accounting, add all your currency information. (If your version of Sage 300 does not include multicurrency, and you run a multicurrency company, you must purchase Sage 300 Multicurrency and install it after installing the System Manager.)
- If your version of Sage 300 supports the customization directories feature, and you have created customized screens for users, specify the directories where the screens are located.
- Define optional fields to use in your Sage 300 accounting applications.