Setting Up Home Page Widgets
Set up widgets on your home page to view key business information at a glance.
To add widgets to your home page, click the Add Widgets menu and select widgets to add. The widget or widgets you selected are added to your home page in the order you selected them.
To arrange widgets, point to the title bar of a widget, and then drag it to a new position.
Note: Figures displayed in widgets are in your company's functional currency.
Widget settings and options
In the title bar of each widget, the Widget Settings menu displays some or all of the following options:
- . Specify criteria for data to be displayed in the widget. Depending on the widget, you may do this by specifying the year and period; by selecting specific accounts, transactions, and amounts; or by specifying other settings.
- . Enter a new name for the widget.
- . Refresh the data displayed in the widget.
- . Remove the widget from your home page. You can add the widget to your home page again by selecting it from the Add Widgets menu .
Errors while viewing widgets
If a "Cannot Display Widget" error message appears in one or more widgets on the home page, it may be caused by one of the following issues.
- Missing data. No data has been entered in your Sage 300 system to be displayed in the widget. For example, if you have not entered any income or expenses, the Income and Expenses widget may display an error message.
- Temporary issues retrieving data. Data has been entered but is currently unavailable. This may happen during temporary issues with network connectivity.
- Other setup or application issues. Data is available, but the widget cannot be displayed due to a setup issue or a temporary issue with Sage 300.
If the problem persists, contact your system administrator, or contact Sage for technical support.